суббота, 22 июля 2017 г.

How to Buy a Couch that Makes Standing Easy

How to Buy a Couch that Makes Standing Easy

All Those with Knee Pain Please Stand Up. People are always surprised when they learn there are eighteen and twenty years between my brothers and I. Just to make things more interesting my younger brother and I share the same birthday, eighteen years apart. My younger brother spent the weekend with us recently. After putting my son to bed we sat on my comfy couch catching up on his neighborhood drama and upcoming knee surgery. He’s had knee pain and swelling for years and now needs the same surgery our mother had. He’s not looking forward to it. About twenty minutes into our chat he excused himself to use the bathroom. I watched him struggle to find the momentum he needed to stand up. Once he was up, the pain on his face was clear as he tried to straighten his knees and take a few steps forward. For better or worse the age difference between us has given me a glimpse into what my future might hold. My brother is not the first person I’ve seen struggle to sit down in a chair or get off the couch but because we’re siblings, I empathize with how something as simple as standing up can become a painful obstacle. I know knee pain runs in my family, I’ve studied the aging process, and because I am an interior designer who enjoys aging in place work, you can bet the next time I buy a chair or couch it will be an informed choice. I love writing lists so to be sure I’m picking something that will be comfortable and help anyone in my home to sit down and stand back up, I’ve made a seating shopping checklist. I want to share it so you can avoid a pain in the knee buying mistake. The checklist has everything to look for when shopping from the best seat height to upholstery color. TO GET YOUR FREE CHECKLIST Original article and pictures take https://www.rains-design.com/single-post/2017/04/14/How-to-Buy-a-Couch-that-Makes-Standing-Easy site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий