суббота, 22 июля 2017 г.

Homemade Vapor Rub

Homemade Vapor Rub
Homemade Vapor Rub - Live Simply

Last year, on a quiet afternoon, alone in my bathroom, I mixed a few ingredients in a simple glass bowl: cocoa powder, arrowroot, clay, and a dash of spice. The creation of my very first DIY, homemade foundation powder. Hesitantly, I dipped my finger in the powder and applied it to my face. I studied the mirror, inspecting my creation. Homemade make-up worked. It was a glorious moment. An addictive moment. An epiphany. Since that quiet afternoon, I’ve been on a DIY kick. A mission to oust the chemicals and replace them with simple homemade products that actually work. Body wash? I got that. Boo-boo cream for ouchies? Homemade salve to the rescue. Laundry Soap? Absolutely. Move aside Tide. And the list could go on. Last week, Piper started to get the sniffles. Sniffles led to congestion and no sleep. A couple of nights later, congestion struck again, this time it was my turn. Immediately, knowing a very rare cold was coming for our family, I made a batch of homemade elderberry syrup. While the elderberry syrup, broth, and probiotics went to work cold-busting, congestion relief and a good night’s sleep were needed. Time for a new DIY? I think so. Colds always evoke memories of my mom with a little blue bottle. The smell that radiated from that bottle was like no other. The sweet relief it brought to my congested nose and chest was always welcome. My mom would gently rub the moist balm under my congested nose, back, and chest. Anytime I feel congestion coming on, my mind always goes to that blue bottle and my mom’s TLC. With the memory of my mom’s healing touch and a love for DIY, this recipe was born in our time of need. A combination of simple, natural ingredients coming together to provide a relief for chest and head congestion. The warm touch and scent of this homemade rub is not only calming, but also contains antiviral and anti-bacterial properties. A vapor rub that’s natural and effective. DIY accomplished. Cold busted. Congestion gone. Note: I didn’t use this rub on our kids, just the adults, since rosemary, eucalyptus, and peppermint aren’t considered “kid-safe” essential oils for young children. Here’s a handy post about kid ages and essential oil use. Personally, as my son has gotten older (elementary school), we’ve used a small amount on the bottom of his feet with socks, when congestion strikes. Original article and pictures take http://livesimply.me/2014/02/25/homemade-vapor-rub/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий